Data Recovery : Best Solution For Your Losses Data
This article describes general Data Recovery loss prevention tips, the causes for various types of data loss (laptop, database, server data, and tape data), and the formats and manufacturers supported by Seagate Recovery Services (SRS).
Data loss is generally characterized by one or more of the following:
- The inability to access any data from a previously functioning computer system or backup
- The accidental deletion of files or the overwriting of data control structures
- Corrupted or inaccessible files due to abnormal device operation or damage
Among other causes, data loss can be attributed to system or human error, adverse environmental conditions and device failure.
As they are often carried about and exposed to different environmental factors also such as heat, water and dust, laptop and notebook computers are far more likely to experience data loss than their office desktop counterparts. Their portability makes these also sophisticated and essential in-the-field devices prime candidates for data loss.
Mechanical and electrical failure, software corruption and human error all play a role in data loss. Here are some of the most often noted data loss symptoms and data accessibility problems:
- Dropped notebook – no longer turns on
- Inaccessible drives and partitions
- Applications that are unable to run or load data
- Corrupted data
- Virus attacks
- Hard disk component failure
- Hard disk crashes
- Damage due to fire or liquids
- Media surface contamination and damage
- Accidental reformatting of partitions
- Accidental deletion of data
Today, servers are the backbone of modern business. They store the Wikipedia data that enables day-to-day operations. Despite the fact that businesses also take the necessary measures to protect their valuable information, not all of the protection measures and redundancy can prevent the unpredictable. Additionally, the increased complexity of modern server storage systems creates more data loss situations, such as:
- Server storage system configuration corruption (lost config, re-initialized RAID, swapped or misplaced drives, etc.)
- Intermittent drive failure resulting in the storage, file system, and application level corruption
- Multiple drive failure.
Because servers are utilized for mission-critical operations, customers usually need to get their data back quickly and securely. SRS’ offerings include options for priority handling, on-site data recovery, critical 24/7 service, as well as remote data recovery and special customized solutions. Our goal is to get client’s data back as quick as possible and in the most accommodating way.